from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Lack of ability or means.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. lack of the ability to do something; incapability
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being unable; lack of ability; lack of sufficient power, strength, resources, or capacity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being unable, physically, mentally, or morally; want of ability; lack of power, capacity, or means: as, inability to perform a task, or to pay one's debts.
- n. Specifically In theology, want of power to obey the law of God.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. lacking the power to perform
- n. lack of ability (especially mental ability) to do something
Sorry, no etymologies found.