from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The property of being or feeling faint.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being faint; loss of strength, or of consciousness, and self-control.
- n. Want of vigor or energy.
- n. Feebleness, as of color or light; lack of distinctness.
- n. Faint-heartedness; timorousness; dejection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of being faint; defect of strength; feebleness; deficiency of force, brightness, vividness, distinctness, or the like; want of vigor, energy, or heartiness; timorousness; dejection; irresolution.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a feeling of faintness and of being ready to swoon
- n. the trait of lacking boldness and courage
- n. the property of being without strength
- n. barely audible
- n. the quality of being dim or lacking contrast
faint + -ness (Wiktionary)