from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being soft.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being soft; -- opposed to
hardness, and used in the various specific senses of the adjective.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The property or character of being soft, in any sense of that word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. acting in a manner that is gentle and mild and even-tempered
- n. poor physical condition; being out of shape or out of condition (as from a life of ease and luxury)
- n. a disposition to be lenient in judging others
- n. the property of giving little resistance to pressure and being easily cut or molded
- n. a visual property that is subdued and free from brilliance or glare
- n. a sound property that is free from loudness or stridency
- n. the quality of being indistinct and without sharp outlines
- n. the quality of weather that is deliciously mild and soothing
- n. the trait of being effeminate (derogatory of a man)
- n. a state of declining economic condition
soft + -ness (Wiktionary)