from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being dim, poorly illuminated, almost dark.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality � being dim; lack of brightness, clearness, or distinctness; dullness; obscurity.
- n. Dullness, or want of clearness, of vision or of intellectual perception.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being dim or obscure; want of clearness, brightness, or distinctness; dullness; vagueness: applied either to the object or to the medium of vision or perception: as, the dimness of a view, of color, or of gold; the dimness of twilight or of the sky; dimness of vision, of understanding, memory, etc.
- n. Synonyms Obscurity, Gloom, etc. See darkness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of lights or sounds that lack brilliance or are reduced in intensity
- n. the quality of being dim or lacking contrast
- n. the state of being poorly illuminated
Sorry, no etymologies found.