from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition or degree of being pale or of lacking color.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or condition of being pale; want of freshness or ruddiness; a sickly whiteness; lack of color or luster; wanness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character or condition of being pale; wanness; defect of color; want of freshness or ruddiness; whiteness of look.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of having a naturally light complexion
- n. being deficient in color
- n. unnatural lack of color in the skin (as from bruising or sickness or emotional distress)
pale + -ness (Wiktionary)