from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Congenital absence of any pigmentation or coloration in a person, animal, or plant, resulting in white hair and pink eyes in mammals.
- n. The condition of being an albino.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Congenital lack of melanin pigmentation in the skin, eyes, and hair or feathers (or more rarely only in the eyes); the condition of being albino.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or condition of being an albino: abinoism; leucopathy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or condition of being an albino; leucopathy; leucism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the congenital absence of pigmentation in the eyes and skin and hair
French albinisme, from German Albinismus, from Albino, albino, from Portuguese; see albino.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From albino (from Latin albus/alba via Spanish and Portuguese albo/alba, "white") + -ism. (Wiktionary)