from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Equality of measure.
- n. Equality of elevation above sea level.
- n. Mathematics A function between metric spaces which preserves distances, such as a rotation or translation in a plane.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A function between metric spaces (or on a single metric space) having the property that the distance between two images is equal to the distance between their pre-images.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. equality of elevation above sea level
- n. equality of measure (e.g., equality of height above sea level or equality of loudness etc.)
- n. the growth rates in different parts of a growing organism are the same
- n. a one-to-one mapping of one metric space into another metric space that preserves the distances between each pair of points
From iso- and -metry. (Wiktionary)