from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The condition of being smooth.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Quality or state of being smooth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being smooth, in any sense.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of having a level and even surface
- n. the quality of being bland and gracious or ingratiating in manner
- n. the quality of being free from errors or interruptions
- n. a texture without roughness; smooth to the touch
- n. powerful and effective language
From Middle English smethnes, *smothnes, from Old English smēþnes, *smōþnes ("smoothness, a smooth place, a level surface"), equivalent to smooth + -ness. (Wiktionary)