from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being dumb (either mute or dim-witted), that is, not communicating vocally, whether from selective mutism or from an inability to speak.
- n. Muteness, silence; abstention from speech.
- n. Refusal or unwillingness to speak.
- n. Show or gesture without words; pantomime; dumb-show.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being dumb; muteness; silence; inability to speak.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Muteness; silence; abstention from speech; absence of sound.
- n. Incapacity for speaking; inability to utter articulate sounds. See deafness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being mentally slow and limited
dumb + -ness (Wiktionary)