from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The excess use of words, especially using more than are needed for clarity or precision; long-windedness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being verbose; the use of more words than are necessary; prolixity; wordiness; verbiage.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being verbose: employment of a superabundance of words; the use of more words than are necessary; wordiness; prolixity: said either of a speaker or writer, or of what is said or written.
- n. Synonyms Verbiage, etc. See pleonasm.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an expressive style that uses excessive or empty words
verbose + -ity; compare Late Latin verbositas, from (Classical) Latin verbosus, from verbum "the word" (Wiktionary)