from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Absence of sound; silence or hush.
- n. Absence of disturbance; calm, stillness or serenity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being quiet; freedom from noise, agitation, disturbance, or excitement; stillness; tranquillity; calmness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being quiet, still, or free from action or motion; freedom from agitation, disturbance, or excitement; tranquillity; stillness; calmness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the property of making no sound
- n. a state of peace and quiet
quiet + -ness (Wiktionary)