from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The state or quality of being intractable or hardened.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being obdurate, intractable, or stubbornly inflexible.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The duality or state of being obdurate; invincible hardness of heart; obstinacy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being obdurate; especially, the state of being hardened against moral influences; extreme hardness of heart; rebellious persistence in wickedness.
- n. Synonyms See obdurate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. resoluteness by virtue of being unyielding and inflexible
obdurate + -cy. (Wiktionary)