from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The condition or fact of being final.
- n. A final, conclusive, or decisive act or utterance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of "being final"; the condition from which no further changes occur
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being final, finished, or complete; a final or conclusive arrangement; a settlement.
- n. The relation of end or purpose to its means.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being final; the state of being settled or finally arranged; completion; conclusion.
- n. In philosophy, the doctrine that nothing exists or was made except for a determinate end; the doctrine of final causes.
- n. That which is final or last; a final act or result; an absolute conclusion or determination: as, to reach a finality in a negotiation; this offer is a finality.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being final or definitely settled
Sorry, no etymologies found.