from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality, fact, or condition of being universal.
- n. Universal inclusiveness in scope or range, especially great or unbounded versatility of the mind.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the property of being universal, common to all members of a class
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being universal; unlimited extension or application; generality; -- distinguished from particularity
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being universal; unlimited application or extent.
- n. Unlimited adaptability; boundless versatility.
- n. The universe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being universal; existing everywhere
universal + -ity (Wiktionary)