from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Flattering speech or actions designed to persuade or influence.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of blandishing; a word or act expressive of affection or kindness, and tending to win the heart; soft words and artful caresses; cajolery; allurement.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Speech or action expressive of affection or kindness, and tending to win the heart; an artful caress; flattering attention; cajolery; endearment.
- n. Something bland or pleasing; that which pleases or allures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of urging by means of teasing or flattery
- n. flattery intended to persuade
blandish + -ment (Wiktionary)