from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of endearing.
- n. An expression of affection, such as a caress.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. affection
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of endearing or the state of being endeared; also, that which manifests, excites, or increases, affection.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being endeared; tender affection; love.
- n. Endearing action; a manifestation of affection; loving conduct; a caress, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of showing affection
Sorry, no etymologies found.