from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being kind.
- n. An instance of kind behavior: I will always remember your many kindnesses to me.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being kind.
- n. An instance of kind or charitable behaviour.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or quality of being kind, in any of its various senses; manifestation of kind feeling or disposition beneficence.
- n. A kind act; an act of good will.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or quality of being kind; good will; benevolence; beneficence of action or manner.
- n. A kindly or tender feeling; affection; love.
- n. That which is kind; an act of good will; a benefaction: as, to do one a kindness.
- n. Accordance with mood or desire; fitness; agreeableness; congruity: as, the kindness of the elements.
- n. Synonyms Tenderness,compassion, humanity, clemency, mildness, gentleness, goodness, generosity, fellow-feeling. See benignant and kindly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being warmhearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic
- n. tendency to be kind and forgiving
- n. a kind act
From kind + -ness (Wiktionary)