from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An image, especially a positive print, recorded by a camera and reproduced on a photosensitive surface.
- transitive v. To take a photograph of.
- intransitive v. To practice photography.
- intransitive v. To be the subject for photographs: She photographs well.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A picture created by projecting an image onto a photosensitive surface such as a chemically treated plate or film, CCD receptor, etc.
- v. To take a photograph of.
- v. To take photographs.
- v. To appear in a photograph.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A picture or likeness obtained by photography.
- transitive v. To take a picture or likeness of by means of photography
- intransitive v. To practice photography; to take photographs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A picture produced by any process of photography.
- To produce a likeness or facsimile of by photographic means
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. undergo being photographed in a certain way
- n. a representation of a person or scene in the form of a print or transparent slide; recorded by a camera on light-sensitive material
- v. record on photographic film
photo- + -graph (Wiktionary)