from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plural of pic.
- n. Variant of pyx.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of pic in the sense of "picture".
- n. Specifically, motion pictures; movies.
- n. A variant of pyx
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See pyx.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An obsolete form of pyx.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chest in which coins from the mint are held to await assay
- n. any receptacle in which wafers for the Eucharist are kept
First attested 1932, abbreviation of pictures, first used in Variety magazine, along with other similar words that the magazine calls slanguage . (Wiktionary)