from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To mix or become mixed together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To mix several things together; to blend
- n. An intermixture; the product of mixing together
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To mix together; to intermingle.
- intransitive v. To be mixed together; to be intermingled.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To mix together; intermingle.
- To be mixed together; become intermingled.
- n. An intermixing or intermixture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. combine into one
Back-formation from obsolete intermixt, from Latin intermixtus, past participle of intermiscēre, to mix together : inter-, inter- + miscēre, to mix; see mix.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
inter- + mix (Wiktionary)