from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To join or become joined by twining together.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To twine something together.
- v. To become twined together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To unite by twining one with another; to entangle; to interlace.
- intransitive v. To be twined or twisted together; to become mutually involved or enfolded.
- n. The act of intertwining, or the state of being intertwined.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To unite by twining or twisting one with another; interlace.
- To twine together; be interwoven: as, intertwining vines.
- n. A mutual or reciprocal twining or winding.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make lacework by knotting or looping
- v. make a loop in
- v. spin,wind, or twist together
inter- + twine (Wiktionary)