from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To wrap or wind about with or as if with a lace or laces; encircle.
- transitive v. To interlace; entwine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To bind or encircle with lace, or as with lace; to lace; to encircle; to enfold; hence, to entangle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To bind or encircle with lace, or as with lace; to lace; to encircle; to enfold; hence, to entangle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fasten or inclose with or as if with a lace; encircle; surround; infold.
- To entangle; intertwine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spin,wind, or twist together
Sorry, no etymologies found.