from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having one or more projecting sharp points.
- adj. Grouchy or cross in temperament.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having spikes, spiny.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a spike; spikelike.
- adj. Having a sharp point, or sharp points; furnished or armed with spikes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the shape of a spike; having a sharp point or points; spike-like.
- Set with spikes; covered with spikes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or as if having especially high-pitched spots
spike + -y (Wiktionary)