from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting of or similar to bristles.
- adj. Thick with bristles.
- adj. Exhibiting or tending to exhibit agitation or anger: a bristly exchange between lawyers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with bristles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Thick set with bristles, or with hairs resembling bristles; rough.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Thickly set with bristles, or with hairs like bristles; rough: as, “a bristly neck,”
- Resembling a bristle or bristles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. very irritable
- adj. having or covered with protective barbs or quills or spines or thorns or setae etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.