from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Made of or covered with down.
- adj. Resembling down: downy white clouds.
- adj. Quietly soothing; soft.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having down, covered with a soft fuzzy coating as of small feathers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Covered with down, or with pubescence or soft hairs.
- adj. Made of, or resembling, down. Hence, figuratively: Soft; placid; soothing; quiet.
- adj. Cunning; wary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having downs; containing downs.
- Covered with down or nap.
- Having the character or structure of down; resembling down: as, downy plumage.
- Made of down or soft feathers.
- Soft; soothing; calm.
- Knowing; cunning: as, a downy cove.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. like down or as soft as down
- adj. covered with fine soft hairs or down
down + -y (Wiktionary)