from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. spun into a fine thread
- adj. delicate and subtle, with fine detail
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Spun so as to be fine; drawn to a fine thread; attenuated; hence, unsubstantial; visionary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Drawn to a fine thread; minute; hence, over-refined; over-elaborated; subtile: as, fine-spun theories.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. developed with extreme delicacy and subtlety
- adj. developed in excessively fine detail
Sorry, no etymologies found.