from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with fine soft hair.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Covered with fine hair.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Hairy; full of, or made of, hair.
- adj. Clothed thickly with pile or soft down.
- adj. Covered with long, slender hairs; resembling long hairs; hairy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Covered with hair; hairy; furry; pilous; especially, covered with fine or soft hair.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. covered with hairs especially fine soft ones
Latin pilōsus, from pilus, hair.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin pilōsus, from pilus ("hair"). (Wiktionary)