from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The goddess of victory.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The goddess of victory and triumph; Athena's companion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- proper n. The Greek winged goddess of victory; identified with Roman Victoria.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Greek myth, the goddess of victory, called by the Romans Victoria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) winged goddess of victory; identified with Roman Victoria
From Ancient Greek Νίκη (Nikē), from νίκη (nikē, "victory"). (Wiktionary)