from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A Titan, the son of Gaea and Uranus and the father of Helios.
- n. The satellite of Saturn that is 12th in distance from the planet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A Titan, the son of Gaia and Uranus and the father of Helios, Selene and Eos.
- proper n. One of the moons of Saturn.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The god of the sun; in the later mythology identified with Apollo, and distinguished for his beauty.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) a Titan who was the son of Gaea and Uranus and the father of Helios and Selene and Eos in ancient mythology
Greek Huperiōn.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek Ὑπερίων. (Wiktionary)