from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with a veil: the veiled head of a bride.
- adj. Concealed or disguised as if with a veil: "slur-footed ironies, veiled jokes, tiptoe malices” ( Edith Wharton).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Hidden, such as by a veil.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of veil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Covered by, or as by, a veil; hidden.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. muted or unclear
- adj. having or as if having a veil or concealing cover
Sorry, no etymologies found.