from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of muffle.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. same as muted.
- adj. Wrapped up especially for protection or secrecy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Wrapped up closely, especially about the face; concealed from view; also, blinded by or as by something wrapped about the face and covering the eyes.
- Dulled or deadened: applied to a sounding body or to the sound produced by it.
- Having feathered feet, such as are found in many breeds of domesticated pigeons: thus a black, self-muffled tumbler is a tumbler of uniform black color with the feet and lower part of the tarsus feathered.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. wrapped up especially for protection or secrecy
- adj. being or made softer or less loud or clear
Sorry, no etymologies found.