from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of coat.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. covered with an outer layer or film.
- adj. covered with a shiny coating by applying e.g. beaten egg or a sugar or gelatin mixture; -- of foods.
- adj. coated on the side opposite the emulsion with a substance to absorb light; -- of film.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Provided with a coat; wearing a coat.
- Having a covering (of any kind); as, coated nuts (coated with sugar); chocolate -coated marshmallows; a coated tongue.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having or dressed in a coat
- adj. having a coating; covered with an outer layer or film; often used in combination
Sorry, no etymologies found.