from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Marked by or acting with quiet, caution, and secrecy intended to avoid notice. See Synonyms at secret.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Characterized by or resembling stealth or secrecy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Done by stealth; accomplished clandestinely; unperceived; secret; furtive; sly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Acting by stealth; sly; secretive in act or manner; employing concealed methods: as, a stealthy foe; characterized by concealment; furtive: as, a stealthy proceeding; a stealthy movement.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked by quiet and caution and secrecy; taking pains to avoid being observed
Sorry, no etymologies found.