from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Conniving; crafty.
- adj. Showing or exercising forethought.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of design.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Intriguing; artful; scheming.
- n. The act of making designs or sketches; the act of forming designs or plans.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Artful; insidious; intriguing; contriving schemes.
- Synonyms Wily, cunning, crafty, tricky, sly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. concealing crafty designs for advancing your own interest
- n. the act of working out the form of something (as by making a sketch or outline or plan)
Sorry, no etymologies found.