from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to strategy.
- adj. Important or essential in relation to a plan of action: a strategic withdrawal.
- adj. Essential to the effective conduct of war: strategic materials.
- adj. Highly important to an intended objective: The staff discussed strategic marketing factors.
- adj. Intended to destroy the military potential of an enemy: strategic bombing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or pertaining to strategy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to strategy; effected by artifice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of, pertaining to, or of the nature of strategy; demanded by, used in, or characterized by strategy: as, strategic movements.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. highly important to or an integral part of a strategy or plan of action especially in war
- adj. relating to or concerned with strategy
From Ancient Greek στρατηγικός (strategikos, "of or for a general", also "a treatise on strategy"), from στρατηγός (strategos, "the leader or commander of an army, a general"), from στρατός (stratos, "army") + ἄγω (ago, "I lead, I conduct"). (Wiktionary)