from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Determined by mathematical calculation.
- adj. Undertaken after careful estimation of the likely outcome: took a calculated risk.
- adj. Made or planned to accomplish a certain purpose; deliberate: insincere, calculated modesty.
- adj. Likely; apt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of calculate.
- adj. Produced by calculation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Worked out by calculation; ; ascertained or conjectured as a result of calculation.
- Adapted by calculation, contrivance. or forethought to accomplish a purpose.
- Likely to produce a certain effect, whether intended or not; fitted; adapted; suited.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. carefully thought out in advance
Sorry, no etymologies found.