from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Done by moving the hand (and arm) from below.
- adj. Sly, dishonest, corrupt, cheating.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Underhand; clandestine.
- adj. Insufficiently provided with hands or workers; short-handed; sparsely populated; obsolete in this sense, short-handed or understaffed being the preferrred term.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not having an adequate supply of hands; short-handed; sparsely peopled.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. with hand brought forward and up from below shoulder level
- adj. marked by deception
under + handed (Wiktionary)