from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having bands or stripes of contrasting color or texture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Marked with bands of colour
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of band.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Bound or fastened with a band.
- Having bands; crossed or encircled by a band or bands; specifically, in heraldry, encircled with a band, often of a different color from the sheaf or bundle which it surrounds: as, a bundle of lances proper, banded gules, or the like.
- In mineralogy, the structure of a mineral made up of a series of layers, usually parallel and differing in color or texture, as onyx.
- United as in a band.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. identified with a band especially around a leg
- adj. characterized by a band of especially white around the body
- adj. marked with bands or strips of contrasting color or texture
Sorry, no etymologies found.