from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Bearing streaks.
- adj. Marred with streaks.
- adj. uncomfortable; out of sorts.
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of streak.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Marked or variegated with stripes.
- adj. Uncomfortable; out of sorts.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Striped; striate; having streaks or stripes; especially, having lengthwise streaks, as distinguished from crosswise bands, bars, or fasciæ.
- Confused; ashamed: agitated; alarmed.
- n. In geology, noting a flow-structure in some igneous rocks marked by parallelism of discontinuous layers.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. marked with or as if with stripes or linear discolorations
Sorry, no etymologies found.