from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of pencil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Painted, drawn, sketched, or marked with a pencil.
- adj. Radiated; having pencils of rays.
- adj. Marked with parallel or radiating lines.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Marked with fine lines, as if with a pencil or other sharp-pointed instrument; decorated or executed in delicate ornament or lines, as distinguished from broad masses of color or the like.
- In zoology and botany: Tufted; brushy; penicillate.
- Marked with fine lines, as if scratched with a pen or painted with a fine brush; specifically, marked with a series of concentric lines, as every feather of the body-plumage of a dark brahma or a partridge cochin hen.
- Radiated; having pencils of rays.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. drawn or written with a pencil
Sorry, no etymologies found.
I felt as if I were back in high school after baseball tryouts seeing my name penciled next toB-squad backup right fielder.
Irwin, 20, a former WCHA rookie-of-the-year, found her name penciled in on both rosters and will make her senior national team debut at the worlds.
There were other photos at different angles, and a detailed outline of the wound from the coroner's office with a lot of medical jargon penciled in.
That really is Gordon Beckham's name penciled in at second base for the White Sox 'exhibition game today against Australia's World Baseball Classic team.
Many artists now work on computers ( "penciled" and "inked" are just digital metaphors).
It is very pretty, and it has my name penciled in the back for first dibs on borrowing it: -)
”How Mirka Got a Sword” will be 59 pages long when finished. 43 of those pages are now complete, and 14 of the remaining 16 pages are already penciled, which is why I’m confident I won’t miss any weeks, despite my - cough!
There were kids that were moved up the year before that finished the season with the big team and that we kind of penciled in, people like (Gregory) Stewart, (Matt) d'Agostini, (Kyle) Chipchura, and it ended up that our depth, our kids, weren't as good.
"It's just kind of penciled in right now, but he should be in the games within 10 days or so," Scioscia said.
Slenderly penciled, a little darker than her light brown hair, they just fitted her irregular nose that was feminine but not weak, that if anything was piquant and that picturesquely might be declared impudent.