from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of fine.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of imposing a fin�.
- n. The process of fining or refining; clarification; also (Metal.), the conversion of cast iron into suitable for puddling, in a hearth or charcoal fire.
- n. That which is used to refine; especially, a preparation of isinglass, gelatin, etc., for clarifying beer.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The process of refining or purifying.
- n. The process of becoming clear: said especially of wine and other liquors.
- n. The material or mixture introduced into liquor to clarify it, as whites of eggs or alum.
Sorry, no etymologies found.