from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Charming; attractive: an engaging smile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That engages the attention; engrossing, interesting; enthralling.
- adj. Charming; attractive, especially of a manner or behaviour.
- v. Present participle of engage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to draw the attention or affections; attractive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Winning; attractive; tending to draw the attention, the interest, or the affections; pleasing: as, engaging manners or address.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. attracting or delighting
Sorry, no etymologies found.