from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Urgently requiring attention: a host of compelling socioeconomic problems.
- adj. Drivingly forceful: compelling ambition and egotism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of compel.
- adj. requiring urgent attention
- adj. forceful
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. driving or forcing
- adj. tending to persuade by forcefulness of argument
Sorry, no etymologies found.