from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A state of restlessness or uneasiness; disquietude.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A condition of being restless, uneasy or nervous
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Disturbed state; uneasiness either of body or mind; restlessness; disquietude.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Lack of quietude or tranquillity; restlessness of manner or feeling; unrest.
- n. Disturbance of mind or body; a feeling of uneasiness or apprehension; disquietude.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. feelings of anxiety that make you tense and irritable
Middle English, disturbance, from Late Latin inquiētūdō, restlessness, from Latin inquiētus, restless : in-, not; see in-1 + quiētus, quiet; see quiet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)