from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of shake.
- n. A movement that shakes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- The act or process of moving with a rapid vibratory motion, jolting, agitating, etc.
- A violent jolting or agitation: as, give him a good shaking.
- plural Small pieces of cordage, rope, yarn, or canvas used for making oakum or paper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of causing something to move up and down (or back and forth) with quick movements
- n. a shaky motion
Sorry, no etymologies found.