from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Uttered or sounding as if uttered deep in the throat; guttural, hoarse, or husky.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. produced in the throat; especially such a sound which is rough or coarse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Guttural; hoarse; having a guttural voice.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Guttural; uttered back in the throat.
- Having a prominent throat or capacious swallow; hence, voracious; gluttonous: as, a throaty fish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. sounding as if pronounced low in the throat
Sorry, no etymologies found.