from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of pitch.
- adj. Having a slope.
- adj. Having a specified tonal range.
- adj. Fought from predetermined positions at a specified time and place.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Fully prepared for beforehand, and deliberately entered upon by both sides with formal array: used specifically of a battle.
- Sloped; sloping: as, a high-pitched roof.
- n. A colonial form of pituri.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of sound) set to a certain pitch or key; usually used as a combining form
- adj. set at a slant
Sorry, no etymologies found.