from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Occluding or tending to occlude.
- n. Linguistics An oral or nasal stop.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. That tends to occlude.
- n. A plosive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Closing; serving to close: as, an occlusive dressing for a wound.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to occlude
- n. a consonant produced by stopping the flow of air at some point and suddenly releasing it
Sorry, no etymologies found.