from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Containing, marked by, or consisting of vowels.
- adj. Of, relating to, or having the nature of a vowel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Used as a vowel, as opposed to consonantal, especially in Latin. (vocalic y)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to vowel sounds; consisting of the vowel sounds.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to, consisting of, or resembling vowel sounds; containing many vowels.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to or associated with or containing a vowel
- adj. being or containing or characterized by vowels
Sorry, no etymologies found.