from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, containing, or yielding tin.
- adj. Tasting or smelling of tin: tinny canned food.
- adj. Having a thin metallic sound: a high tinny voice.
- adj. Weak or thin; flimsy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to or resembling tin.
- adj. Pertaining to the thinness and cheapness of tin or similar-looking metals, in contrast to a heavier, more valuable metal.
- adj. Pertaining to a thin, unpleasant sound recalling that of tin being rapped.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, abounding with, or resembling, tin.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to tin; containing tin; resembling tin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of very poor quality; flimsy
- adj. of or containing tin
- adj. thin and metallic in sound; lacking resonance
Sorry, no etymologies found.